Thursday, December 30, 2010

Reflection Time

About this time every year, I begin to reflect on the past year and have a little career discussion with myself, , , been doing this for as long as I can remember. Comments about me getting older and forgetful will not be necessary.
The question I ask myself is simple,  What bugged me often in 2010?
Here are some things that really bug me, so let’s fix these so they don’t happen in 2011:
  1. STOP SCREAMING. As tempted as you are, keep your fingers off the CAPS LOCK.
  2. If I unsubscribe from your email, don’t send a confirmation email to me.
  3. Replace the picture of the egg with a real picture of you on Twitter. It’s been 3 months and 2 Tweets already.
  4. Remove poking, Facebook… it’s just plain creepy.
  5. Stop talking about how many pageviews you’re getting. Business is measured in dollars and cents. If you’re not getting paying customers, your strategy is broken.
  6. Quit judging companies by their CEO in ripped jeans and a cowboy hat, cool office space, user growth, or VC money… we already did that in the 90′s and it didn’t work. Start judging companies by how soon users will jump ship when the next cool guy in ripped jeans and a cowboy hat comes along.
  7. What do have as a resolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment